Study abroad semester in Spain
Spain has an impressive history. It is not just a European country occupying a good portion of the Iberian Peninsula. The fact that Spanish language is spoken worldwide gives some hints about the international past of the nation. Spanish people influenced heavily South America, so much that they exported their genes and their religion. But let’s focus on Spain, one of the two most attractive countries in the world for tourists along with Italy, according to a famous survey.
Spain offers a warm Mediterranean climate, good food and a vibrant social life. Day life is quite different from what you would expect from a European country because of the wrong time zone that Spain has. In the 40s Francisco Franco, in solidarity with Adolf Hitler, adopted the Central European Time zone, which is not the right one due to the western location of the country. Hence, be prepared to 10pm sunsets and late dinners. In Denmark it could happen to dine at 6pm, in Spain even at midnight!
That is great, however, if you love nightlife. Tourism to Spain is boosted because of this peculiarity. You could really live the night without worrying too much about the next morning, because activities start late. Having said that, Catholicism is quite popular in Spain, along with football, which is by far the most followed sport.
What are the best universities in Spain for semester students?
Are you still undecided whether or not Spain might be an appealing destination for you? On wearefreemovers you can find a selection of 16 academic institutions offering you the possibility of spending a semester or a full academic year in Spain. Let’s check some statistics about them.
Here you can see the positions of the Spanish institutions among the world’s best universities rankings.
Please provide a valid CSV file.
Spanish universities enjoy favorable mentions among the world’s most renown universities rankings. Excluding HTSI – School of Tourism & Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi, which could be considered a niche institution, all the other ones are mentioned in at least one of the rankings chosen by wearefreemovers. There seem to be no outliers, with every member of the list having a nice level of international recognition. For sure you have an ample choice, and Spain is a great country too!
Costs and fees of studying in Spain
Spain is a medium expensive country. Monthly costs of living for a single person are close to 600€. Here you can find a detail of the various costs that you can encounter in this country. Keep in mind that, as a student, you could have access to various discounts which can include food, travel, and accommodation expenses.
When it comes to university’s fees, Spain is not that expensive, with a median 3250€/semester for free mover students.
Which Spanish cities are available for free movers?
Currently there are 24 cities that accept free movers in Spain. Have you ever dreamt of studying in Barcelona or any other city in Spain? Here you can find institutions divided by city:
- Study abroad semester in Alcorcon
- Study abroad semester in Alicante
- Study abroad semester in Aranjuez
- Study abroad semester in Barcelona
- Study abroad semester in Bilbao
- Study abroad semester in Ceuta
- Study abroad semester in Colmenarejo
- Study abroad semester in Fuenlabrada
- Study abroad semester in Fuerteventura
- Study abroad semester in Getafe
- Study abroad semester in Gijón
- Study abroad semester in Granada
- Study abroad semester in Lanzarote
- Study abroad semester in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Study abroad semester in Leganés
- Study abroad semester in Madrid
- Study abroad semester in Malaga
- Study abroad semester in Melilla
- Study abroad semester in Mieres
- Study abroad semester in Mostoles
- Study abroad semester in Oviedo
- Study abroad semester in San Sebastian
- Study abroad semester in Sant Cugat
- Study abroad semester in Segovia